Help us grow
We want every veggie gardener to know about Planter!
Help us spread the word about Planter and earn a 15% commission to help feed your gardening habit 😉.
Who is this program for?
The affiliate program is for any gardener with a large social media presence (1,000+ followers), whether on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, TikTok, or your own website.
We’re a very small team and it is a fairly manual process to calculate referral sales. We’ve structured this program to make things easier on us so that we can keep our focus on making the app better. As a result, we are selective about enrollment, there is a minimum payment threshold, and payouts are calculated just twice a year.
If you don’t have many followers, this program unfortunately isn’t for you, although we really appreciate your enthusiasm!
How to join
Please contact email@example.com if you’d like to join the affiliate program. In your email, please include:
- Your name
- Your favorite feature in Planter
- Links to your social media profiles or website
- Your preferred referral code, which will appear in links like so: www.planter.garden/promo/MySocialMediaHandle
- The email address associated with your PayPal, for payment purposes
Terms and Conditions
- Affiliate members (Affiliates) earn 15% commission on referred sales.
Payment Schedule and Details
- The minimum payment threshold is $30 USD. If the minimum payment threshold is not reached, any referred sales will carry over into the next period.
- Payments will be evaluated and sent biannually;
- January 1st through June 30th
- July 1st through December 31st
- All dates and times are in the UTC timezone.
- Payments will be sent via PayPal (and only PayPal) by the end of the following period.
- Affiliates are responsible for any and all fees, taxes, exchange rates, surcharges, and other expenses incurred in order to receive their commissions.
How to use your Affiliate Link
- Affiliate links are meant to be posted on the affiliate’s social media accounts or website. Affiliates may not post it on Planter’s social media accounts or websites.
- Affiliate links work on iOS, Android, and web. If the user doesn’t have Planter installed, the link will direct them to the App Store or Play Store to install it. If they already have it installed, the link will open the app and register your referral. They should just work.
- Affiliates may use the Planter logo, app screenshots/recordings, and any images from the Planter website when promoting Planter. Planter’s primary color is #43A047. The color of the logos may not be changed to any other color without permission.
- Affiliates must use their affiliate link, which is provided to them upon registration, for signing up gardeners. The affiliate link ensures that the affiliate will receive credit for the sale. It is the affiliate’s responsibility to make sure that any gardener they refer use the affiliate’s link so that the affiliate receives a commission for each of those sales.
Reversals and exclusions
- Sales taxes are excluded from referred sales totals.
- Refunded sales are excluded from referred sales totals.
- Referrals that are found to be fraudulent (false information, fake/stolen credit cards etc.) will be reversed.
- Referrals that issue a credit card charge back will be reversed.
- If referred sales are $0 USD for any two consecutive periods, your account will be deactivated.
- Affiliate accounts may be deactivated at any time, for any reason, without warning or advanced notice. Your account WILL BE DEACTIVATED and commissions set to $0 for failure to comply with the Affiliate Terms contained herein.
- Any false or misleading advertising or suspected fraudulent activity associated with your affiliate account will result in immediate deactivation.
- Affiliate accounts generating a large number of fraudulent accounts may be deactivated upon review.
- If you would like to discontinue your affiliate status, contact us or simply remove your affiliate links and no longer promote them. For accounting purposes your account and personal information will not be completely removed from our system.
- Affiliates may not offer cash back, rewards, or incentives without written approval. Please contact us if you would like to have your site reviewed.
- Affiliates may not advertise their affiliate link on search engines.
Federal Trade Commission
Planter requires that each affiliate comply with the rules and guidelines expressed by the FTC (Federal Trade Commission) and that failure to do so may result in removal from our affiliate program and cancellation of commissions. In December 2009 the FTC released guidelines which require transparency by any affiliate who uses reviews, rankings, or testimonials to promote products or services which would disclose the fact to website visitors that the affiliate is compensated for their reviews, rankings, or testimonials.
Please read the FTC: Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.
As an affiliate, how can you comply with the FTC rules?
To comply with the FTC rules you should meet four basic requirements regarding your disclosure to your website visitors that you may receive compensation for your reviews, recommendations, rankings, etc. Your disclosures should be frequent, clear, conspicuous, and require no additional scrolling or other type of action (like hovering) to be able to see the disclosure.
The FTC advises that your disclosure should be on any page that has a review, recommendation, comment, or article that promotes any product or service for which you receive an affiliate commission.
The FTC further advises that it should be clear to the reader that as an affiliate you may receive compensation for your reviews, recommendations, rankings, etc.
The disclosure should be in text which is at least as large as the other text on your website page and should be in contrast with both the background of the website page and with the other text on that page. So for example if your website page background is white and your text is black, you should use a dark color (other than and distinctive compared to Black Text) like bright blue for your disclosure’s text.
The disclosure should also start with the word “Disclosure”.
Please Note: The information provided here is intended as guidance only and is not intended as legal advice. Should you need more legal advice regarding how these rules pertain to your website you should seek a legal advisor.
BY REGISTERING AS AN AFFILIATE YOU ARE AGREEING TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, YOU MUST DISCONTINUE THE REGISTRATION PROCESS, DISCONTINUE YOUR USE OF THE AFFILIATE PROGRAM, OR DEACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT IF YOU ARE ALREADY A MEMBER.
Changes to the Terms and Conditions apply to you. You may review the most current version of the Terms and Conditions at the site. Planter may change the Terms and Conditions, in whole or in part, at any time at Planter’s sole discretion with or without written notification. Posting of such changed Terms and Conditions on the site shall constitute notice of such changes to you, although Planter may choose additional types of notification. While Planter may attempt notification to our affiliates of any changes to our Terms and Conditions however, at times, notification is not possible (as in a change in email address or phone number) and therefore it is the sole responsibility of the affiliate to check back on our Affiliate Terms and Conditions page to discover any changes. Affiliates may also contact our affiliate program manager at any time to discover any changes to the affiliate Terms and Conditions. Your continued use of the Affiliate Program constitutes your acceptance of all changes to the Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree to any such changes, your sole and exclusive remedy is to deactivate your account as described above.